Friday, April 8, 2011

A Letter to My 4 Year Old

Dear Maddox, We recently celebrated your 4th birthday, and I thought I should take the time to jot down a little bit about who you are at this moment in time. Maybe someday you will read this little online scrapbook of our family, and my memories of you will flood your heart. To put it simply, you are the summation of personality! You can tell the longest stories known to man (and we love to hear them). For about a year, you wore a cape every moment of every single day, from the time you woke up to the time you finally fell asleep. I never realized how much I would miss that cape when you grew out of that stage. I love how confident you are just to be you. For the moment, your world revolves around Superheroes! You assign Superhero roles to us all the time. Mommy is always Wonder Woman (a dramatic upgrade from reality for which I will be forever grateful), Daddy is always Green Lantern and you are always Hotman or Bokathor. Only you know whether you are Hotman or Bokathor on any given day, but it is imperative that we address you by the correct one! You are kind and compassionate and I just love your heart. Your energy is overwhelming! When you grow up and you get that amazing energy pointed toward one goal, you will be an unstoppable force! My prayer every day is that you will grow to be a man who loves God. I sure am proud of the little man you are today. Love, Wonder Woman


3 comments:

Momma said...

This may be the sweetest letter ever! I love it.

Kim said...

Every Wonder Woman should write a letter to her superheroes. I wish I had written letters like this when my children were growing up. I love you all.

Marrs Family said...

love this.